Except for schools in selective parts of the district, LAUSD is a failure:
- A failure to graduate students from high school.
- A failure to prepare students for anything but testing--not for the next grade and not for life.
- A failure to allow the students time to master skills, review skills, and remediate skills, before they go on to the next skill.
- A failure to teach any subject that is not tested.
- A failure not to have shops and practical arts based on the theory that everyone must take college preparatory programs.
- A failure to support teachers with the most difficult students.
- A failure to keep class sizes low enough so each teacher can reach each student.
- A failure with the us versus them situation where the downtown administrators and school board members are us and they throw everything including blame on the back of the teachers (them).
- A failure to consult the people who really know--the teachers.
- A failure to keep schools, playgrounds, and restrooms clean.
- A failure to bring students who are behind up to grade level because time is only for teaching to the test.
- A failure to reveal the line budget.
- A failure to spend our tax dollars at the schools.
Do you like this post?